- Hawaiian Style Band Livestreams from Mauna Kea Beach Hotel May 15
- Bad Papa Livestreams on Kahilu TV May 14
- Ann Hoku Lyn Releases New Music Video: “Mama Don’t (Take No Mess)”
- Big Island Weekend Entertainment Guide: May 7-9
- Songs & Stories Podcast: Talking Story with Kailee Spark
- Multi-Platinum Guitarist Greg Douglass Coming May 16 – Two Shows
- Blue Dragon Jazz Trio + 1 Coming to Gertrude’s May 14 – Two Shows
- Amazon Music Announces Celebration of Asian and Pacific American Heritage This Month
Greg Douglass at Gertrude’s: Two Shows
May 16 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm$20.00
Guitarist Greg Douglass, who’s played with the Steve Miller Band, Hot Tuna, Greg Kihn Band, will headline on Sunday, May 16 at Gertrude’s Jazz Bar in Kona for two shows 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. Ticket info below.
While Greg is still blowing the roofs off venues everywhere with his rock band Greg Douglass and the Sidewinders, his first love is acoustic fingerpicking. His acoustic playing has been praised by Leo Kottke, David Lindley, and blues legend John Hammond Jr.
“My show at Gertrude’s is a top-of-the-food-chain bit of my career. Picking for people in paradise? It gets no better. I’ll see you there!” – Greg Douglass
He’s performed in Kona several times with various bands, but this is his acoustic debut on his favorite island. “I’ve been working with an incredible Fishman amplifier and a couple of effects, used tastefully to give me a unique sound. I try to do it all, from delta blues to ‘Cast Your Fate to the Wind’ to a tsunami of slide guitar licks with my take on Bob Dylan’s ‘Highway 61 Revisited.’”
Greg will also be sharing some tales from his 50 years of traveling on the road. “It’s tough when your role model is Keith Richards,” Greg smiled. “I’ll be sharing some PG-13 stories onstage with the nice people of Kona. I’m busier than ever so I have to stay in shape.”
If You go… Have A Good Show!
Event: Greg Douglass – “The Natives are Restless!”
When: Two shows: May 16, 2021, 6:30 and 8:30 p.m.
Cost: $20.00 online plus service fee
Where: Gertrude’s Jazz Bar, 75-5699 Alii Drive, Kailua Kona
Buy Tickets for the 6:30 p.m. show: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/5120962
Buy Tickets for the 8:30 p.m. show: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/5120967
Venue website: https://www.gertrudesjazzbar.com