- Big Island Weekend Entertainment Guide: November 26-28
- Beat-lele Coming To Kahilu Theatre For Two Shows: December 2-3
- Talking Story with Gregg Karukas
- Kahilu Keeps Music Fest Tradition Alive
- Big Island Weekend Entertainment Guide: November 19-21
- Kahilu Youth Troupe Represents Hawaii in Global Theatrical Event
- The 19th Annual Ukulele and Slack Key Guitar Festival Coming Nov. 20
- Grammy Winner Gregg Karukas Coming to Gertrude’s Nov. 27
Mister Peanut Butter
December 10 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
On Friday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m., the Kahilu Theatre will feature local psych-rock band Mister Peanut Butter in concert. For tickets and additional information, call (808) 885-6868 or visit https://kahilutheatre.org/.
Mister Peanut Butter is an American rock band from the misty mountain town of Waimea, Hawaii. The group was formed in 2015, with Mike Bennett on vocals and rhythm guitar, Sam Gruesen on vocals and lead guitar, and Josh Hodges on bass. Band members also include Chris Wilson on drums, Kaimalu Harmon on keyboards, and Katy J Arnovick on rhythm guitar and vocals.
Generally categorized as an alternative rock band, Mister Peanut Butter is known for its eclectic catalog of original songs inspired by psychedelia, punk, folk, prog, classic, and art-rock. They have covered songs by The Kinks, Grateful Dead, Neil Young, The Band, Men at Work, and many others in their live shows.
Mister Peanut Butter has recorded three albums. The first two, Mister Peanut Butter, and Make Me One With Everything, were self-released and limited edition. The third, a live album, Live From Planet Earth, is available on Bandcamp. The band is currently working on their fourth album, with an expected release on all streaming platforms by mid-2022.