Savor performances and hear songwriters’ stories behind favorite hits
KOHALA COAST, HAWAI’I ISLAND – Tickets for the 2018 “Hit Makers” Concert go on sale today, June 21, open to the public. This is an intimate, unforgettable night of rare, stripped-down performances by professional songwriters including special guest Kenny Loggins. Viewers have the opportunity to see top professional artists perform at this memorable event on Hawai`i Island at the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel’s Hale Hoaloha.
Some of the nation’s leading songwriters will each perform and share the stories behind some of their biggest hit songs:
Special guest Kenny Loggins (Grammy Award-winning songwriter of “Footloose,” “Danger Zone,” “This Is It,” “I’m Alright,” and “House on Pooh Corner” to name a few)
- Pamela Sheyne (multi-platinum selling songwriter of “Genie in a Bottle” by Christina Aguilera, “He Loves U Not” by Dream, “Irresistible” by Jessica Simpson, and dozens more songs recorded by artists like Camila Cabello, Demi Lovato, Lindsay Lohan, Corrine Bailey Rae, Seal, the Backstreet Boys, and more)
- Andre Merritt (Grammy-nominated songwriter of “Forever” by Chris Brown, “Down” by Chris Brown feat. Kanye West, “Disturbia” by Rihanna, “Don’t Want to Dance Alone” and “Going Nowhere” by Fifth Harmony, “Favorite Girl” by Marques Houston, “Entourage” by Omarion)
- Shelly Peiken (Grammy-nominated songwriter of “What A Girl Wants” by Christina Aguilera, “B*tch” by Meredith Brooks, and more)
- Richard Harris (#1 Billboard Dance hits “Lie to Me” by Cole Plante and “Meet in the Middle” by StoneBridge feat. Haley Joelle)
- Chikk (multi-platinum K-pop writer for EXO, Girl’s Generation, BoA, and ShinEE)
- Jason Blume (“Dear Diary” by Britney Spears, “Back to Your Heart” by the Backstreet Boys, “Why Don’t You Kiss Her” by Jesse McCartney, “Show Me the Honey,” and more)
- Jason Blume (Na Hoku Hanohano Award winners)
- Katie Herzig (“We Belong” with RAC and “Girls Chase Boys” by Ingrid Michaelson)
- JoLi (“Everything is Awesome!!!” from The Lego Movie)
- Amy Stroup (of Sugar & the Hi-Lows and I Am Orfa)
The songwriters will be freshly inspired coming out of three intensive days of the Hawai`i Songwriting Festival. They will be collaborating, creating and sharing the knowledge and the necessary tools to help Hawaii’s most promising up-and-coming talent grow their musical careers.
Tickets for the concert are $30 in advance and will be available for the public on Thursday, June 21 at www.hawaiisongwritingfestival.com/hit-makers-concert and on Eventbrite: www.eventbrite.com/e/hit-makers-concert-hawaii-songwriting-festival-tickets-47062551358.
For more information on the Hawaii Songwriting Festival, visit www.hawaiisongwritingfestival.com
About Hawai`i Songwriting Festival
The Hawai`i Songwriting Festival is presented by the non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization “The Kaua’i Music Festival,” founded in 2002. The festival was held annually on Kaua’i for 12 years, and in 2015 the festival was moved to the Big Island and re-branded as the “Hawai’i Songwriting Festival.” During the past 16 years this conference has garnered a reputation as one of the best of its kind in the U.S., and as a result, it attracts the top hit songwriters, publishers, and music supervisors for film, TV, and advertising. The festival is made possible in part by Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism, Creative Industries Division, State of Hawai’i, as well as local sponsors and private donors. Additional support for the 2018 festival was provided by the 8th annual Mele Mei Festival, the Hawaii Academy of Recording Arts, and Hawaii Tourism Authority, ASCAP, and BMI.